One of the best ways to burn fat is to combine resistance training with heart rate elevation. This workout is simple. All you need is a pull up bar and ideally parallel bars or dip bars…but you can do it with just a pull up bar.
- Pull Ups or Chin Ups – Pick which ever one you can do.
- Toes 2 Bar or Knee Raises- Hang from the bar and either bring your knees to your chest or ideally your toes to the bar.
- Parallel Bar Dip or Straight Bar Dips – Standard dips or chest to bar dips on a straight bar
Sets, Reps and Rest
Complete the following exercies in order for 30 mins EMOM “every minute on the minute”
- 40 seconds x Pull Ups then 20 seconds rest
- 40 seconds x Toes2Bar then 20 seconds rest
- 40 seconds x Dips then 20 seconds rest
Note: Set a specific number you want to achieve in the 40 seconds. Don’t go too high. Try and hit the same number for every set. Then when you do the routine again, increase your target.
Extra Rest: If you are just starting out then you can complete all three exercises and then add in 40 seconds of air squats. This will give your muscles a little longer to recover before going again but still keeping your heart rate elevated.
Perform this routine up to 3 x per week for 4 weeks.
The above exercises will work your back, biceps, chest, triceps and abdominals.
Why use EMOM
EMOM means “every minute on the minute” and has been popularised in crossfit.
This system seeks to avoid muscular failure and better manage fatigue. This in turn allows you to do more total quality reps each workout.
EMOM’s are a great tool for measuring progressions from week to week. You can increase the reps in the same time period or progress to 50 seconds – 10 seconds rest etc.
This simple tool can be used with any number of exercises. If you have your own favourite then why not drop us a line and we will publish on here.
Unleash your pulling power!…
The Xorbars Team